Lets LINK and show what we are thankful for!

Wednesday, November 23

A house full

The family will be here late tonight... I am pretty stinking excited about it.  I haven’t seen my nieces in 8 months, my brother in 7 and my parents... well I saw my mom in April.  They haven’t seen our new home, or the Hubby since he’s been home.  This also marks the FIRST time I have ever hosted a holiday before... I AM TERRIFIED!!

I am thankful for so many things this year – the safety of Hubby is high on my list.  This Thanksgiving take a moment to remember all those that won’t make it to the table this year – Those still deployed, those rehabilitating in a hospital somewhere and those that paid the ultimate sacrifice.

I volunteer with an organization, The Got Your Back Network, that  works with families of the fallen.  We are preparing for our 3rd Project Gratitude event – taking 25 widows and daughters to Miss America.  If you would like to donate items for their gift bags or financially towards something for the program please let me know.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: