New day but still pissed at the Army – This morning Diva was just an all around pain. Threw a fit after I took her shoe away (If it belongs on your foot it DOESN’T belong in your mouth and vice versa), that threw her into a COMPLETE tailspin that resulted in kicking things, screaming and generally acting like a spoiled 2 year old!. I was basically about as fed up as possible with it so I kept her shoe and made her walk into daycare without 1 shoe on just to prove a point, in which she continued carrying on (screaming and the whole nine, even refusing to take a step) until I picked her up like a baby and carried her in. Not sure the proper parenting here but WOW, I was out of options.
I called Hubby who was busy cleaning barracks and had to call me back – I get that, really I do. He is in school and has responsibilities but I am his wife and I am drowning here! Mistress, Wife, Mistress, Wife... who's winning here!
When he was finally able to call me back, we spoke for a whopping 4 minute conversation where I feel like he just talking out of obligation. Again, I get that I am in a HORRIBLE mood and he is doing what he needs to be doing. He is a great husband but I stand by the fact that he has NO CLUE what it's like to single parent kids in addition to every other responsibility we have. Their day is so structured: Up, Formation, School, PT - throw in chow and studying.
My day is packed and it is getting more ridiculous!
- Get Diva up, showered and dressed
- Pack Diva for Girl Scout camp (shirt, hat, swaps)
- Pack lunch AND dinner for her
- Pack my own food
- Get myself ready
- Oh crap – the dogs. Must potty and feed dogs
- FINALLY drop her off and get to work
- Work 9+ hours
- HOLD THE PHONE- Diva FORGOT her bag for camp tonight so I have to run home before 2 and pick it up and deliver it to her
- Back to work and finish up all the random things I need to do here
- Meet painter to go over samples
- Home to run the puppy/myself
- Pack more of the house (often repacking crap that Diva has dug through)
- Deal with USAA because they are morons
- Get Diva home, bathed and in bed by 9:30
- Pack until midnight (we have a lot of crap!)
- Hopefully get some sleep since I am currently going on about 4 hours of EXTREMELY restless sleep and Lord knows if I get sick I am up a creek!
Then I get up and do it all again for the rest of the week – BUT Friday/Saturday I get to throw in the actual move (with really minimal help - need to hire movers I think) and packing Diva for a week away at camp. I know that Hubby feels bad about not being here but he doesn’t really seem like it. I want him to focus on school so he can finish top of his class and pick up SFC this winter BUT I am TIRED.
On a better note… I am REALLY loving my new position at work. Even though I am still doing most of my old job in addition to my new I still love it! JEEZ – always something with my tiara and his ACUs!