Lets LINK and show what we are thankful for!

Thursday, May 5

Toe tappin...

This phrase has brought back some cringe worthy moments!  Our old neighbors above us were Indian and did family toe tapping in their living room NIGHTLY… after I asked them not to do family jump roping OVER our daughters bedroom at 8pm!  Toe tapping is almost as loud and obnoxious! 

But today my toe tapping is because I LOVE music… I love to dance so much so that I get busted getting down at my desk regularly!  I can’t listen to music without at least tapping my foot.  Lately I have been LOVING Glee and today I found the Camp Rock soundtrack.  Oh yes, I am lovin me some Demi and Jonas!  It is silly but every song has a dance beat so it helps keep my brain happy.  I have been smiling and foot tapping all day!  I am just waiting and hoping for a call or email today.  It’s weird how much I pray for the little red dot on my blackberry to go off.  Hopefully my foot tapping will get me through the day all smiles so that when and IF I get a call I will be all smiles and giggles rather than sullen and missing my partner.

Last night my foot tapping was very different.  In fact it was the total opposite… After a successful dentist appointment, NO CAVATIES, and getting her cute haircut fixed Diva got a nice cold shower.  She threw a fit over lettuce on her taco, so instead of just eating it she ate the whole BOTTOM and let it fall all over the place while complaining and making faces.  I sent her to go to her room to calm down.  Oh no, she started really screaming and yelling.  I don’t put up with disrespect and getting yelled at by my 7 year old, however I am not a spanking parent.  Cold shower calms a child down quickly, especially when they are still wearing their clothes.  She then went to bed.  I am exhausted and annoyed that this is even an issue!  JEEZ KID.  New haircut, added attitude! 

She is SUPER excited for her summer camp though… YAY for the Army Reserves!

No comments: