Lets LINK and show what we are thankful for!

Friday, September 16

Anniversary Recap and My favorite Friday activity!



Perfection...  that’s about all I can say. 

Hubby and I always stick with the traditional anniversary gifts (Year 1 paper, year 2 ...) this year was Flowers and Fruit.  It’s a hard one for a wife to buy her husband flowers and fruit... instead I bought him things that SMELLED like flowers and fruit.  Thank you Bath and Body Works for your assistance!  Then I swung through See’s Candy because... well I misunderstood didn’t listen properly and thought hubby said it was Flowers and Candy!  Oh well... he was happy.  In turn, he got me a basket of fruit and 4 dozen roses... I LOVE them and I am NOT a rose fan but they were beautiful.

I planned the date and he planned dinner... so we drove down to Newport Beach and went on a romantic gondola ride through Newport Harbor.  VERY cool for you So Cal people... I would HIGHLY recommend it.  It was SO quiet, romantic and nice to just be the two of us for the night.  We could either talk or not, it was up to us.  Then he chose dinner at the place we shared our first date, and where he proposed.  This is the BEST Mexican Restaurant I have ever been to, total hole in the wall but GOOD!

Embarrassingly enough, we were home by 9:15.  In our defense I had to work this morning and still had to pack for the big breast cancer walk this weekend.  39.3 miles is seeming MORE and MORE daunting today, but not sure why.

LOVE LOVE learning more about my fellow MilSpouse bloggers!  I learn so much about my fellow bloggers and can’t wait to learn more. 
Each week, Wife of a Sailor will post a list of questions on Thursday (so you can have your blog ready on Friday). Head back on Friday and enter your blog post into Mr. Linky so others know who else participated and we can all visit other blogs.  And please feel free to use the button above!This week’s questions are:

1.         Right now, our weather is crappy... overcast and grey but what I’d really like is sunny and warm!
2.         I like to let my hair down and live without makeup on
3.         Mommy Rambles made a post about heroes… my hero is  Diva because she doesn’t care what people think about her, she just lives her life and is happy. 
4.         It’s a weird combination, but I swear 1 green, blue and grey patterned sock and one argyle sock are a perfect pair!
5.         Some may see the glass half empty and others may see it half full, but I  figure I drank it so I may as well deal. 

Check out and link up to Five Question Friday over on Five Crooked Halos (LOVE THIS BLOG!)

Questions for Friday, September 16th: (Special thanks to @Lovely_Lici, @kneatfreak, @gasfamily, @trooppetrie, and Lora for their question suggestions! I would LOVE you for ever and ever amen if you would offer up any question suggestions for me over at my community...and I'll be sure to link you up in a future 5QF! You can also watch for my Twitter shout out for questions on Thursdays and offer up your best questions that way, also! Just remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF!)

1. If you had a weekly newspaper column, what would you name it?
Me, Myself and I wish it were quiet!
I still haven’t found much peace and quiet since Hubby got home but I am tryin.

2. Who is your mentor/inspiration?
I don’t think I really have either... People inspire me to want to be better.  After being homeless for a bit in 2002 after the end of a very abusive relationship I have seen the kindness in people and really want to give back all I can.

3. What is your wake up beverage of choice?
I LOVE a good cup of black coffee with a scoop or two of sugar!  I never liked coffee, then became addicted to Starbucks, then bought a house and became cheap!  Black coffee is awesome.

4. Would you wear your mom's clothes?
I love her but not typically... main reason is that my mom is 4 inches shorter than me so it wouldn’t be a good look.

5. When you were a kid, did you put posters on your wall? If so, what were they of?
OK- my Gay-dar was TOTALLY broken as a young girl... FOREWARNING!  Posters of: Neil Patrick Harris, Jonathan Brandis, Jonathan from NKOTB,  and Chad Murray.  Yes, they are all gay!  Funny to me now as my husband is the gayest straight man I know... and I mean that lovingly.  He dresses well, is stylish, loves to clean, is all about fitness... I love my little Martha Stewart.  And, just for the record I don’t actually question his sexuality.

No comments: