Lets LINK and show what we are thankful for!

Wednesday, September 14

Thoughts...

I admit, fully, that I tend to keep those around me at arms length. There are very few people that I let... into the circle so to speak. I don’t like to open up to people, I choose not to. This is a cognoscente choice that I make, it is not accidental or sub consciencely is INTENTIONAL. In the past 10 years my friends have changed as has my life and as have I. I do not hold it against most people as I know that being me isn’t always easy to handle. I occasionally have panic attacks over simple things like going on base in San Diego or have significant insecure moments in my life… but this is me. I do not lie about who I am or what I can offer as a friend but I may choose to not let you in and leave you as an acquaintance. To call you my friend takes a lot, it takes a trust factor and reliability. There are few that I would consider friends and if I call you that, I mean it and it should be taken as such.

Deployment has been eye opening... thank you to those still here and thank you to those that chose to walk away.

No comments: