Lets LINK and show what we are thankful for!

Wednesday, January 5

Army Wives... FRG

When BD got his deployment orders the first conversation we had was about the FRG, Family Readiness Group, and the drama that ALWAYS ensues.  We made the agreement that I would not be a part of it, I don’t need the drama.  Well…. Before the deployment even started there was drama and our FRG President stepped down.  Then the deployment started and all sorts of changes were made and there is no discernable FRG, at least not one that I have heard from in the past 6 months.  I know that there has been one care package sent to my husbands platoon in 6 months, I know that there are t-shirts that were made for the unit… and this is all gathered via Facebook.  Yes, they have all pertinent contact information for me so really there is no excuse other than they suck. 
I do know the need for friends through deployment and I have been incredibly blessed to have found a great friend.  LB is wonderful.  Her husband and BD are battle buddies as well so we know that this will be a lifelong friendship.  I love knowing that I can call her and cry, scream, vent or just talk and that she gets it.  Going through a 16 month deployment does not lend itself to people understanding what you are dealing with.  LB has been a blessing… I know that we will have a friendship and probably a few more deployments ahead of us.
I can’t believe that I have been at this 9 months now and yes, it’s a lot easier.  I miss him terribly by I can function people.  Just 2 days ago a mom from Diva’s school came up to me and, with her most sympathetic look, asked me how I was and reminded me how hard this all was on me.  Sadly, I looked at her and told her that’s its really not that hard.  It’s almost harder to do the short trips than this long one.  Diva and I have a rhythm; we know what needs to be done to make our house run well.  THANK GOODNESS she is almost 7!  She is a little person… although that person has more attitude than a grown adult at times. 

No comments: