Lets LINK and show what we are thankful for!

Monday, February 7

Diva - true to form

I wrote a WHOLE post this morning about r&r coming and this weekend then realized that it wasn’t really what I wanted to write about… so I will save it.  Haha.

Now I don’t know how many of you have kids while your husband is deployed… Diva will be 7 in April.  The past 9 months have been trying to say the least.  She doesn’t listen, she talks back… she has attitude.  She is just trying my patience in every level and I feel like  HUGE failure.  How as a parent, did I let this get this far is hard.  She has a blantantly disrespectful attitude.  It used to be saved for time alone with me, now she doesn’t care where we are… she is just a brat.  It hurts me to say/admit that… it really does.
Everyone in my life has a different opion to offer… yes opinions are like, well you know.  One opinion is spanking, NOT gonna work with this kid.  LONG story but I can guarantee it won’t.  I do not judge spankers... I think it's a great way to discipline your child if done correctly.  Second opinion was a therapist… now I thought about this, talked to BD about it.  Maybe due to her age she isn’t able to articulate her thoughts very well so she needs someone to help that.  This is still in the running.  The third option was just spending more time with her, give her as much attention as humanly possible and see if that helps.  While this is my favorite option, I work full time and already spend as much time as I can with her… but I am going to work with this one for a bit.

I don't know many people with daughters Diva's age that I feel comfortable confiding in... admitting my defeatest attitude.  I know it's a phase, it's her daddy being gone but good grief.  1 step forward and then 2 back.  WAIT... thats just my life as a whole

Any other suggestions from those of you with kids?


All of these things are said with as much of a smile as I can muster, some slight chuckles and a lot of hope!

No comments: