Lets LINK and show what we are thankful for!

Friday, February 18

MilSpouse Friday Fill In


Link up and learn more about fellow MilSpouses over at Wife of a Sailor!

  1. What is your favorite MilSpouse blog (not including Wife of a Sailor who we all love, or your own)? submitted by Our Crazy Life
This is hard because I read SO many but I love Annoyed Army Wife!  She says so many things that I am thinking or experiencing and I can appreciate that.
  1. What are your favorite perks about your s/o being deployed (we all know there are perks)? submitted by Ramblings of a Marine Wife
I can use his deployment as an excuse for just about EVERYTHING and people let me.  If I am late, have a bad day… oh things get lost.  I also love that we have been able to save the money needed to buy our first home.
  1. How long did you date your <significant other> before getting engaged? Married? submitted by Utterly Chaotic
We dated 10 months before we got married.  I met him, we moved in together 3 weeks later, got engaged 2 months after that and then married… WHEN YOU KNOW YOU KNOW. 
  1. What do you think your <significant other> would do if s/he wasn’t in the military? submitted by Adventures of M-Squared
He is a reservist so…. He is employed in Executive Protection in his Civilian life which is what he loves!
  1. If you could talk to the Secretary of (fill in your appropriate branch) what is one suggestion you would like to bring to their attention in order to improve the lives of military families?  submitted by My Life as His (Air Force) Wife
If I could choke talk to the Secretary of the Army I would remind them that although families seem to be not preferred by the Army we are here and are the largest supporting factor for our soldiers.  They need to realize though, as families, we need to have some more support from the Army with deployment stresses.  As a Reserve family we have ZERO support from our unit or the Army… I feel like we are on our own for the duration of our 16+ month deployment!

2 comments:

To the Nth said...

I am so sorry that you don't have good support from the Army or your unit. I hope the milspouse blogging community fills in some of the gaps at least a little bit!

Shana said...

Our FRG is non existent in our Unit so blogging has actually been a savior... I have learned a lot and don't feel SO alone in this deployment... I think thats been the hardest part from as spouse point of view.

Thank you for reading my blog!

Shana