Lets LINK and show what we are thankful for!

Friday, August 5

Expiration ... I am expired!

Yesterday was officially my last day as an active duty wife...  my ID card expired yesterday so it's the end of an era.  Its weird - I have spent the last year quoting my 'sponsors' social, using his insurance and other perks of being a milspouse.  Now I get to go back to being just ME, Mrs.Hubby First Name wife and not Mrs. SSG Hubby Last Name wife - I am pretty excited about this.  Hubby does reenlist in the Reserves this year, after 14 years in he better... haha. 

Well- MilSpouse Friday Fill In time!


1. Do you have siblings and are you close with them?
I have 2 younger and an older – My younger brother is 15... so the 16 year age difference is interesting but he is awesome and I love having him around.  My younger sister... well I have nothing to say here.
My older sister and I live about 20 minutes apart and have a great relationship.

2. Would you rather be slightly UNDER weight or slightly OVER weight?
Well duhhhh I would of course rather be slightly under weight!!!  I have lived my life underweight so I am used to it and rather feel more comfortable there.

3. What's your favorite State Fair food to splurge on?
I LOVE funnel cakes.  I took Diva last year and we had funnel cakes with chocolate chips.

4. What are your thoughts on your kid(s) going to school in a few weeks?
I am glad she is going to be back to the structured days of school BUT it means that my baby is another year older... she graduates in 10 years.

5. Pool or Ocean?
I love sitting by the ocean but being in the pool.  The ocean is beautiful and peaceful...


Thank you to Wife of a Sailor (click the button above) for these weekly Getting to Know You questions!  Last week it was “or’s”… this week it’s fill in the blanks. I love quotes (you might have noticed that I start each of my posts with one) so these are the beginnings of famous quotes… I want your version of the last part of the quote.
  1. Give a man a fish and he’ll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he’ll finally be busy away from the TV.
  2. It is amazing what you can accomplish if  you can stay up past your childrens bedtime
  3. If you can’t stand the heat stay in Southern California!   
  4. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to where someone else is walking
Well behaved women seldom have any fun

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love when school's in session. Kids are in bed by 8 pm. YESSS!!! Thank goodness for the DVR because otherwise I'd be stuck watching Nickelodeon all day, lol! It's funny how I'll try to get stuff done after they go to bed but because it's MY time, sometimes I don't want to do chores and let them sit another day :)

Shana said...

I LOVE it. Yes - there are nights I curl up on the couch with some dark chocolate and watch Ice Loves Coco or some other such mind numbing TV. haha