Lets LINK and show what we are thankful for!

Wednesday, March 2

Raise your glass!

I have ben addicted to this Pink song lately! 
So raise your glass if you are wrong
In all the right ways
All my underdogs, we will never be, never be
Anything but loud
And nitty gritty dirty little freaks

Maybe this is because of  hubby's recent infatuation with wine and dinner... I have never been a wine drinker but but according to hubby I need to start.  Apparently stealing your childs capri-sun and spiking it with vodka while you watch 90210 isn't the best or most grown up choice... or so I have been told.  I don't care... until you are walking in my cute 4 inch heels I don't want to hear it.  I don't want judgements past nor comments made.  I am not a lush, never have been and I can't remember the last time I was drunk... OK, not true it was my Bachelorette Party (LOTS of alcohol in a very short period of time) and if you were there you know what I mean.
Tonight was one of those nights where every part of me wonders what life will be like when hubby gets home.  Diva and I have a routine.  Tonight was gymnastics, then home for dinner & homework (10 words in alphabetical order is an hour ordeal) and tonight a special treat after reading... JACUZZI!
We get out to the pool and there are 4 young men out sitting in the jacuzzi... truth be told without glasses I saw nothing but dark hair.  I did know that they were not a day over 16 based soley on their conversation.  Once Diva and I got in I was told how 'cute' I was... umm sweetie I am probably not too terribly much younger than your mother so SHOOSH!  *RANDOM but I hate the thought that I am not much younger than a teenagers mom *
So they kept asking me what high school I go to... or maybe college one pointed out.  Diva is sitting their laughing because she could hear my giggles and knows that mommy is 31 and that number is "MUCH bigger than 18" (yep... thank you my little Diva)... My daughter is almost 7 and you are asking me about high school.  So I politely mentioned that I was married and much older than they thought I was... they asked where my husband was to which I replied the country.  WELL... for the next 20 minutes I was inundated with questions from these young FARSI speaking boys.  They were from the middle east, 2 from Iraq, 1 from Afghanistan... and the third was from Mexico.  Yes, odd. 
I answered questions about the US military (manily they wanted to know what fast food places were on the bases, if we had internet and if the Soldiers actually killed people) to the best of my ability and then almost died with the last statement. 
Ready?


Wait for it...


"Wow, it must be nice to be rich... I mean your husband must be make A LOT of money being over there!"  HAHA... REALLY A LOT?!  I don't know if I would go that far dear... dear sweet uninformed child.  Oh well... Diva and I got out and headed home as she asked, Mommy are we really rich? Aww.  Sorry to disappoint you there Miss Diva!
As I cuddled up on the couch with the puppy and the kitty I realized how little some people know about our military.  I was saddened by this thought but took these young mens interest as hopeful. 







As I pondered this thought I filled up my glass with another Capri-sun mixture and watched Hellcats on the CW!

No comments: